3. WHAT PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
Personal information is information that identifies you and that may be used to contact you online or offline. The Company collects personal information from you on a voluntary basis. When you submit personal information to the Company, it will usually take the form of:
- Registration for Online Services, websites and products;
- Subscribing to newsletters, alerts or beta version of our products;
- Purchasing a product or services through our online stores;
- Using "tell a friend" or other E-Card features;
- Requesting technical support;
- Requesting Online Service account creation via e-mail.
- Participating in polls, surveys, and questionnaires;
- Otherwise through use of our software, including personal computer products, and through the use of our online products or Online Services where personal information is required for use and/or participation.
The types of information collected in connection with the activities listed above will vary depending on the activity. The information we collect may include personal information such as your first and/or last name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, geolocation, organization legal name or payment information. In addition, we may collect your age, date of birth, zip code, hardware configuration, survey data, IP address, browser, device and the systems you have used, time of the user’s access to website or Company’s software, how fast such software worked. We may combine the information with your personal information and across other computers or devices that you may use.
4. SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT CERTAIN INFORMATION THE COMPANY COLLECTS
E-mail Correspondence: We may provide e-mail addresses or forms to which visitors can send us questions or comments, or which visitors can use to request customer support. In the process of receiving and responding to such requests, we may collect personal information about you, such as your e-mail address or any other personal data contained in the body of your e-mail message. By allowing you to send us these requests, we are not attempting to solicit personal information from you. We only use the information for the purpose of responding to your questions and/or comments or to provide customer support. In most cases, your message is deleted immediately after we've resolved your inquiry; however, in some instances, copies of your requests may be kept on file for our records, for quality control purposes, or to provide ongoing support services you have requested. If we have actual knowledge that the person with whom we're communicating is a child under the age of thirteen, we delete the child's e-mail address and message immediately after responding.In addition to responding to your email correspondence and sending you information you have requested via our email lists, we send activation emails and other transactional emails to your e-mail address as necessary. You may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
5. WHAT HAPPENS IF I REFUSE TO PROVIDE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your refusal to submit personal information may limit your ability to use VRNETIO OU services, which requires provision of personal information.
- Cookies: A 'cookie' is a small bit of record-keeping information that websites often store on a user's computer. Our cookies are typically used to quickly identify a user's computer, browser, or device and to 'remember' things about prior visits (such as the user's use of various features on the service). You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your computer; however, disabling cookies may affect your ability to use certain Online Services. On your mobile device, you may adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
- Flash Cookies: We may also use flash cookies, also known as 'shared objects,' on our sites that employ Flash technology. Flash cookies are small files similar to browser cookies and are used to remember the site's settings to personalize the look and feel of the site. You can clear Flash cookies already on your device by setting the Flash local storage setting to zero. You may also prevent Flash cookies from being placed by adjusting your preferences in the Macromedia Website Privacy Settings Panel at macromedia.com.
- Internet Log Files: The Company may also keep track of IP addresses used to access its Online Services for various reasons. An IP address is a number that is used by a networked device and will identify your point of connection to the internet. Depending on your network configuration, it may also identify your computer, or other device. A MAC address or other device ID identifies one specific piece of hardware. These log files are tied to your personal information in certain circumstances, such as if you have linked your social net user account to Online Service accounts offered by the Company.
- Analytic Metrics Tools and Other Technologies: Other information that may be passively collected by the Company includes log files that record information about your hardware, product use, service use, or website use, including website navigation and videotape of session, screenshots and clicks in application. We also use these log file entries for our internal marketing, service design, technical support, and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve the Online Services we provide you.
Additional information about individual opt-out programs is available on the World Privacy Forum website at http://www.worldprivacyforum.org/. In addition to visiting the websites of each of the vendors listed above, you may opt out of certain targeted advertising by multiple third-party advertising networks at one time if they belong to the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. Visit the Network Advertising Initiative's website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp/ or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website at http://www.aboutads.info/ to select the applicable networks. For visitors from the European Union, visit Your Online Choices at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. On your mobile device, you may adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive targeted advertising.
7. WHO IS COLLECTING MY INFORMATION AND HOW WILL IT BE USED?
8. WITH WHOM DOES THE COMPANY SHARE MY INFORMATION?
9. WHEN THE COMPANY WILL ASK TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
We may ask you for consent to collect or use your personal information for specific purposes, such as when we want to inform you by email about special offers. We also process your information in order to fulfil your requests, such as to complete transactions with you. We may also process your information in accordance with our policies or when required by law. We also process your information in accordance with law to support the interests of our business, operations, and services, such as to ensure the proper function, security, or integrity of our services.
10. HOW YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MAILINGS, CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT, OR REVIEW AND CORRECT YOUR DATA
If you are a member of an Online Service, you may use that service's account and privacy settings to personalize the collection, use and/or display of your data via that service.If you do not want to receive certain communications such as newsletters or promotional offers, you may decline consent at the time your personal information is collected or later opt-out by using the methods listed below.If for any reason you wish to unsubscribe to VRNETIO OU mailing lists please log in to manage your account. To delete your VRNETIO OU account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org from the same email account you used to contact VRNETIO OU, include your phone number and include “Delete Account” in the subject field.In addition to the above methods, you may be entitled to request to delete, restrict, correct, or receive a copy of the personal information collected about you. To the extent these rights apply in your country, they may be limited in some situations, for example where we are under a legal requirement to keep certain information. Should you wish to make a request, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate your country of residence in your correspondence.Data Retention: We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you services, or to administer our services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services, contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If your account is inactive, we will maintain your account for the length of time for which we reasonably expect you to reengage with our services. After such period, we will delete personal information, including your email address and log-in credentials, and you may no longer be able to access your account. We will notify you before we delete your account information so that you have the opportunity to keep your account active. We may still retain some of your information in our files for a reasonable period of time to resolve disputes, enforce our user agreement, administer our services, comply with technical and legal requirements, and/or other constraints related to the security, integrity, and operation of our Online Services, after which we will take steps to delete or archive it.In all cases for all Online Services, we will respond to your request for access to update, delete, or correct inaccuracies to your personal information within 30 days.
11. WHAT IS YOUR POLICY REGARDING LINKS TO OTHER SITES?
12. DO YOU COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
The Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years old (or older, if applicable law provides for different protections). If we become aware that a child has submitted information to the Company, we delete this information immediately. We encourage parents to instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without permission, when using the Internet.
13. WHAT SAFEGUARDS ARE USED TO PROTECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To protect your personal information, the Company follows generally accepted industry standards and maintains reasonable safeguards to attempt to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided. The Company has security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Personal information collected by the Company is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public (e.g., locked rooms). To prevent unauthorized electronic access to personal information, the Company maintains information collected online behind a firewall-protected server. However, no system can be 100% secure and human errors occur, so there is the possibility that there could be unauthorized access to your information. By using our services, you assume this risk.
14. TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION TO Estonia AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Information collected or received by the Company in connection with the Online Services is collected in, processed in, or transferred to the Estonia and other countries that may not have equivalent data protection laws to the country where you reside. While your information is in another jurisdiction, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities pursuant to the laws of those jurisdictions. If you are a consumer residing in the European Union, the Company relies on Standard Contractual Clauses and/or consent of the individual to transfer personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA) to non-EEA countries. By using our services, you expressly consent to such collection, transfer, and processing. Backup data and administrative data may also be stored on media or servers located in the Estonia and other countries.
15. HOW DO I ASK A QUESTION OR FILE A COMPLAINT?